More than 3,000 guests came to tour our St. Paul broadcast headquarters during our 40th Anniversary open house. Take a look
at some of the faces from the crowd attending anniversary events.
40th Anniversary Open House Celebration
For forty years you have invited Minnesota Public radio into your home. Now allow us to invite you into ours, as we celebrate our 40th Anniversary with a Public Open House celebration. Bring your family and friends, meet your favorite hosts and tour our brand new building and studios. Also enjoy free family-friendly entertainment just down the street at our Fitzgerald Theater, home to A Prairie Home Companion.
Free Open House Activities
At MPR Headquarters:
- Meet and get autographs from your favorite hosts
- Explore the state-of-the-art UBS Forum
- Listen as Midday host Gary Eichten interviews MPR President Bill Kling
- Talk on mic in a real radio studio
- Visit 89.3 The Current's Founding Members' Wall
- Discover membership benefits
- Become a news source for Minnesota Public Radio through Public Insight Journalism
- Enjoy light refreshments provided by Dunn Bros and Whole Foods.
At the Fitzgerald Theater:
- Free entertainment, hosted by The Morning Show's Dale Connelly and Jim Ed Poole
- Doors at 11 AM - Acts rotate hourly from Noon to 3 PM
- Hear "Autobody Experience": a family friendly horn-driven rock band performing off-kilter songs
- Music with Becky Schlegel and Brian Fesler
- See fun film shorts project on the big screen
- Purchase Minnesota Public Radio merchandise
Transportation Free buses from Rochester and Duluth to MPR Headquarters in St. Paul
Reservations are a must and ar Rochester studios at 9:30 a.m., and will return around 4 p.m.
Call (507) 282-0910 for reservations.
e available on a first-come, first served basis.
- Rochester: Bus leaves the
Location & Parking
- Duluth: Bus leaves the Duluth studios at 9:15 a.m. and will return around 6 p.m.
Call (218) 722-9411 for reservations.
Find us at 480 Cedar Street, on the corner of Seventh and Cedar streets in downtown St. Paul. Free Parking is available at the City Walk parking ramp on 7th Street between Minnesota and Cedar streets.
also serves the area with several buses stopping on Cedar and other nearby streets.
40th Anniversary Open House in Bemidji
Celebrate at our 40th Anniversary at our Bemidji studios, too! Bring your family and friends, meet the staff and enjoy light refreshments. Allow us to thank you in person for supporting Minnesota Public Radio!
Drive Time Drive-Thru
We're celebrating throughout the state on Friday morning! The first 400 people to drive or stop by any of our studios on Friday, January 19 between 6:30 a.m. and 8:30 a.m.
will get a free cup of coffee and special 40th Anniversary cookie (at most locations) we'll even bring it to your car! We look forward to thanking you in person for listening to Minnesota Public Radio.
Cookies courtesy of Minnesota Monthly
; Coffee courtesy of Dunn Brothers, Atomic Coffee, and Starbucks.
- St. Paul
480 Cedar Street, near the corner of 7th Street and Cedar Street, downtown St. Paul
405 Beltrami Avenue, downtown Bemidji
- Duluth (walk-thru)
Skywalk of the Holiday Center on West Superior St.
Any one of the three Atomic Coffee locations:
16 4th St S, Moorhead, MN 56560
805 30th Ave. S., Moorhead, MN 56560
222 Broadway Fargo, ND 58102
Associated Bank Building, 206 South Broadway
Drive up to the north side, on 2nd Street Southwest
- St. Cloud
Starbucks in Waite Park on Highway 23, 124 2nd Street South