Two nature writers share love of lakes
Broadcast: Midday, 12/02/2011, 11:00 a.m.
Jerry Dennis and Darby Nelson have written about lakes, great and small. What do we most value about lakes and what should be done to protect them?
- Darby Nelson: Author of "For Love of Lakes." Aquatic ecologist and professor emeritus, Anoka-Ramsey Community College. Served three terms as Minnesota State Representative. Former board president, Conservation Minnesota. Currently on the board of the Freshwater Society.
- Jerry Dennis: Author of "The Windward Shore: A Winter on the Great Lakes," and many other award-winning books about nature, science and outdoor recreation.
More from MPR
- EPA proposes stricter rules for ship ballast water on Great Lakes, elsewhere
December 1, 2011
- Legislative Auditor: More documentation needed for Legacy Amendment
November 30, 2011
- Army Corps to restore fish barrier power setting
November 29, 2011
- Budget cuts imperil environmental programs, along with health and safety
November 27, 2011
- Ethanol company agrees to fine for pollution violations
November 23, 2011
- Jerry Dennis website
- Darby Nelson website
- Illustrator Glenn Wolff website
- Freshwater Society website
- Information about Darby Nelson's Dec 6 book signing