Occupy MN protesters return to foreclosed homeby Tim Nelson, Minnesota Public Radio
Minneapolis — Minneapolis police say they were back out at a south Minneapolis home Sunday following the arrests at an Occupy Minnesota protest on Saturday.
Two people were taken into custody at the first demonstration, one for burglary and the other for obstructing legal process. Both have posted bail and been released, according to Minneapolis police spokesman John Sullivan.
He said as many as a dozen protesters returned to the scene on Sunday as the Minneapolis Fire Department boarded up the vacant property on 25th Avenue.
Sullivan said there were no confrontations, but said that his department is watching for more such demonstrations involving foreclosed homes.
"I think we'll handle it on a case by case basis. Obviously, if an organized group decides to systematically do this, then we'll have to figure out something for that," Sullivan said. "But at this point, I think its safe to say we'll handle it on a case-by-case basis."
Occupy Minnesota demonstrators have been staying on the Hennepin County Government Center plaza since Oct. 7. They've been defying a ban on sleeping overnight at the site since last week. Nearly a dozen demonstrators were arrested during a march on Thursday night.