Do college sports need to be saved?
Broadcast: Midmorning, 09/26/2011, 9:06 a.m.
This fall, big money is having a greater impact on big-time college sports, from schools changing conferences to a renewed call to pay student athletes. Is there a remedy that can balance athletics with the core academic mission of schools?
- Taylor Branch: Pulitzer Prize-winning author of "America in the King Years," contributor to The Atlantic and author of the e-book "The Cartel: Inside the Rise and Imminent Fall of the NCAA."
- Amy Perko: Executive director of The Knight Commission on Intercollegiate Athletics.
- 'The Shame of College Sports' by Taylor Branch in The Atlantic
- 'The Cartel: Inside the Rise and Imminent Fall of the NCAA' by Taylor Branch
- About Amy Perko
- About the Knight Commission on Intercollegiate Athletics