Map: Frequency of calls to Minneapolis parksby Brandt Williams, Minnesota Public Radio
Minneapolis — Police data tracks the number of times police were called to city parks. However, call volume does not tell the whole story. Records are made for each visit, regardless of the severity of incident or emergency. A significant number of police calls to parks are for routine walk-through visits and not in response to criminal activity.
Click on the marker to view park information and the number of police calls to the park.
Classification by number of calls in 2011
- Green marker indicates up to 20 calls.
- Blue marker indicates up to 50 calls.
- Yellow marker indicates up to 100 calls.
- Purple marker indicates up to 150 calls.
- Red marker indicates more than 150 calls.