If the private sector is doing it, should the government get out?
In a major address about the economy, GOP presidential candidate Tim Pawlenty proposed the "Google test": if you can find a good or service available on the internet, the government probably doesn't need to be providing that good or service. Is this a good test? Why or why not?
- Peter Nelson: Policy fellow, Center of the American Experiment
- Dane Smith: President, Growth and Justice
- Michael Caputo: Moderator, MPR's online debates "Insight Now."
More from MPR
- The first New Hampshire GOP presidential debate
June 14, 2011
- Pawlenty's economy plan emphasizes tax cuts, regulation changes
June 7, 2011
- MPR's Insight Now online debate
- Center of the American Experiment website
- Growth and Justice website