The evolution of online news
The 2011 national conventions of "Netroots Nation" and "RightOnline" attract bloggers and big name newsmaker-hopefuls to Minneapolis later this week. Midday discusses the current and future role of bloggers and online journalism as well as print and broadcast news media. Is there a difference between a blogger, a reporter and an opinion column? What is the future of newspapers and broadcast news reporting? What is the role of editors? What do news consumers want or need?
- David Folkenflik: National Public Radio's media correspondent. Former reporter for the Baltimore Sun and the Durham (NC)Herald-Sun newspapers. Editor-in-chief of the University newspaper, the Cornell Daily Sun.
More from MPR
- The Cube Critics and David Carr
April 14, 2011
- about NPR's David Folkenflik
- MPR's State of the Arts blog , with Marianne Combs
- RightOnline 2011 Convention agenda and speakers
- Netroots Nation 2011 Convention agenda and speakers
- website for book, "Page One: Inside the New York Times and the Future of Journalism"
- MPR's Newscut blog, with Bob Collins