State of the Union analysis and reaction
They're full of pomp, ceremony, and promises. But what do Americans really learn from the State of the Union addresses? Midmorning analyzes the theater, the politics, and the word choice from last nights State of the Union speech, and the Republican response.
- Jason Johnson: Professor of political science and communications at Hiram College.
- Trevor Parry-Giles: Professor in the department of communication at the University of Maryland.
- John Gordon: MPR's social media editor.
- About Jason Johnson
- About Trevor Parry-Giles
- 2010 State of the Union Address/Wordle
- 2010 Republican Response/Wordle
- 2011 State of the Union Address/Wordle
- 2011 Republican Response/Wordle
- 2011 Bachman Response/Wordle