Departing Nina Archabal reflects on history
The longtime director of the Minnesota Historical Society departs at year's end. She joins Midday to talk about why history is important, the role of museums, and how best to convey the story of Minnesota's people and places.
- Nina Archabal: Director of the Minnesota Historical Society for 23 years. Joined the MHS staff in 1977. Graduate of Radcliffe, Harvard and the University of Minnesota.
More from MPR
- Nina Archabal to retire as head of Minn. Historical Society
April 22, 2010
- Museum portrays the dangerous history of mill work
October 22, 2010
- The immigrants' story, told through letters
December 1, 2010
- Mystery endures in Edmund Fitzgerald sinking
November 10, 2010