Founders of Twitter tell their story at Aspen Ideas Festival
Twitter has become an online sensation, with some 160 million registered users and almost 100 million "tweets" posted every day. Two of the co-founders of Twitter explain how this company, and this phenomenon, came to be -- and where it is headed. Evan Williams and Biz Stone spoke at the 2010 Aspen Ideas Festival.
- Biz Stone: Co-founder and creative director of Twitter.com. Stone also helped make Xanga, Blogger, and Odeo, and is the author of "Who Let the Blogs Out?"
- Evan Williams: Co-founder and former CEO of Twitter.com, Williams recently stepped down as CEO to do more product development work at Twitter. Williams helped make several Internet companies, including Blogger. He also previously worked at Google.
More from MPR
- Ideas From Aspen: Living Digitally
September 22, 2010
- Politics and social media
August 13, 2010
- Is social media changing journalism?
August 3, 2010
- History, in 140 characters or less
May 14, 2010