New Minnesota Chief Justice on MPR's Midday program
Broadcast: Midday, 07/01/2010, 11:00 a.m.
Today Lorie Skjerven Gildea is the new Chief Justice of the Minnesota Supreme Court. She answers MPR questions about the courts and the judicial system on Midday.
- Lorie Skjerven Gildea: Chief Justice, Minnesota Supreme Court. Associate Justice since January 2006. Judge, Fourth Judicial District in Hennepin County (Sept. 2005-Jan. 2006); prosector Hennepin County Attorney's office (2004-2005); Associate General Counsel at the University of Minnesota (1993-2004); attorney in private practice in Washington D.C. (1986-1993)
More from MPR
- Gildea named to take Magnuson's place on high court
May 13, 2010
- Divided court cites timing in unallotment decision
May 5, 2010
- Retiring Minn. Supreme Court Chief Justice on Midday
June 29, 2010
- Ruling is blow to Pawlenty's political ambitions
May 6, 2010
- Minn. Judicial Branch thanks jurors this week
May 3, 2010