School lunches get a makeover
School lunch programs are just one front in the battle against obesity. In an effort to address the quality and nutritional value of those programs, many Minnesota school districts are shifting to fewer processed foods and more fresh food from local farmers.
- JoAnne Berkenkamp: Director of the program for local foods at the Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy.
- Jean Ronnei: Director of nutrition and commercial services with St. Paul Public Schools.
- St. Paul Public Schools Nutrition Services
- Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy
- Minnesota School Nutrition Association
- National Farm to School Program