David M. Walker on looming budget abyss
Broadcast: Midday, 03/16/2010, 11:00 a.m.
The former head of the GAO joins MIDDAY to talk about his new book, "Comeback America: Turning the Country Around and Restoring Fiscal Responsibility."
- David M. Walker: President & CEO of the Peter G. Peterson Foundation and former US comptroller general and CEO of the Government Accountability Office 1998-2008.
- Tim Penny: President of the Southern Minnesota Initiative Foundation. Co-chair Peterson-Pew Commission on Budget Reform. MN 1st district DFL congressman 1982-1994. IP candidate for Governor 2002.
More from MPR
- Postal Service parent agency urges go-slow approach
March 11, 2010
- Where is the Minnesota economy headed?
March 5, 2010
- State's budget in hands of Supreme Court
March 15, 2010
- A closer look at Gov. Pawlenty's unallotment cuts
May 5, 2010