Preview of Obama's Afghanistan policy speech
Broadcast: Midday, 12/01/2009, 11:00 a.m.
In a speech Tuesday night, President Obama is expected to announce he is sending 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan, and will outline a timetable for the end of the U.S. military mission there. Midday previews the speech.
- J. Brian Atwood: Dean of the University of Minnesota's Humphrey Institute. Former head of the US Agency for International Development and former Assistant Secretary of State.
More from MPR
- Obama's next move in Afghanistan
December 1, 2009
- Presidential historian compares presidents in wartime
November 30, 2009
- Journalist Sarah Chayes at the Westminster Town Hall Forum
November 19, 2009
- Obama weighs options for U.S. strategy in Afghanistan
November 12, 2009