Can newspapers make money online?
Broadcast: Midmorning, 09/28/2009, 9:06 a.m.
The Minneapolis Star Tribune emerges restructured from bankruptcy, but that doesn't mean its financial future is assured. The daily newspaper is among many around the country trying to figure out how to draw more revenue from online content.
- Alan Mutter: technology and media consultant. He writes the blog, Reflections of a Newsosaur. He also is on the adjunct faculty of the Graduate School of Journalism at the University of California- Berkeley, where he teaches a class entitled "Journalism in an Age of Disruption."
- Jeff Jarvis: blogs at Buzzmachine.com and is the author of "What Would Google Do." He is the director of the new business models for news at the City University of New York. By phone from Millington, New Jersey.
More from MPR
- Judge clears Star Tribune to exit bankruptcy
September 17, 2009
- Alan Mutter's Blog, Reflections of a Newsosaur
- Jeff Jarvis on BuzzMachine
- CUNY Business Models for News