1979 Iran hostage Bruce Laingen reflects on current situation
Broadcast: Midday, 06/22/2009, 11:00 a.m.
Minnesota native Ambassadpor L. Bruce Laingen was Charge D'Affaires at the US Embassy in Tehran, and taken hostage for 444 days from November 4, 1979 to January 20, 1981. He joined Midday to analyze the situation in Iran today.
- L. Bruce Laingen: Charge D'Affaires at the U.S. Embassy in Tehran, Iran 1979-1981. Taken hostage for 444 days, 1979 to 1981. Past president of the American Academy of Diplomacy. Author, "Yellow Ribbon: The Secret Journal of Bruce Laingen." (1992)
More from MPR
- Where will Iran protests lead?
June 19, 2009
- Iran presidential election results disputed
June 16, 2009
- Is diplomacy with Iran going nowhere?
June 10, 2009
- Minnesotan looks back on Iranian hostage crisis
August 19, 2008