Minnesota Orchestra's Jorja Fleezanis looks back on her career
St. Paul, Minn. — Master violinist Jorja Fleezanis is preparing to leave her leadership role as the concertmaster of the Minnesota Orchestra.
She talks about her career as the lead violinist, and how an orchestra comes together on even the toughest pieces.
She spoke with Kerri Miller, and performed before a small audience in Maud Moon Weyerhauser studio.
- Jorja Fleezanis: Concertmaster for the Minnesota Orchestra. She is leaving to teach orchestral studies at Indiana University. She became the Minnesota Orchestra's first female concertmaster 20 years ago.
- Karl Paulnack: Director of Boston Conservatory's Music Division. He is Jorja Fleezanis' longtime recital partner.
More from MPR
- Concertmaster Jorja Fleezanis plays final season
September 16, 2008
- Minnesota Orchestra: Beethoven Finale The Great Missa Solemnis
- About Jorja Fleezanis
- Jorja Fleezanis and Karl Paulnack on St. Paul Sunday Morning