Social networking and relationships
Broadcast: Midmorning, 04/28/2009, 10:06 a.m.
Does spending time in front of your computer actually help your friendships? Recent studies suggest that social networking sites do not lead to isolation, as some feared at first.
- Nancy Baym: Associate professor of communication studies at University of Kansas.
- Jason Kaufman: Research fellow at the Berkman Center for Internet and Society at Harvard University.
- Christine Greenhow: Learning technologies researcher, College of Education at the University of Minnesota.
More from MPR
- Twitter nation
March 13, 2009
- Fort Snelling Army Reserve program first on YouTube
February 16, 2009
- Avoiding Facebook faux pas in the workplace
January 14, 2009
- Self portraits in the Facebook age
April 9, 2008
- About Jason Kaufman
- Jason Kaufman on the sociology of Facebook
- About Nancy Baym
- About Christine Greenhow
- Niche Networks: MN Daily for MN Students