Two survivors tell their stories on Holocaust Remembrance Day
Two girls, Sabina Zimering and Lucy Smith, hid from the Nazis in Poland during World War II. They survived the Holocaust and live in Minnesota today. Zimering wrote her story in the book, "Hiding in the Open." Both women were interviewed by MPR's Dan Olson for the "Voices of Minnesota" series.
- Sabina Zimering: Holocaust survivor.
- Lucy Smith: Holocaust survivor.
More from MPR
- Life as a Jewish partisan
January 16, 2009
- Holocaust-denying bishop lived in Minn. for 15 years
February 8, 2009
- Minnesota Orchestra records Holocaust oratorio
February 11, 2008
- Recounting the Holocaust by podcast
October 31, 2007
- U of M Center for Holocaust & Genocide Studies
- About Sabina Zimering & History Theatre
- About Lucy Smith