Tough choices for colleges and students
Broadcast: Midmorning, 04/06/2009, 9:06 a.m.
Many private colleges are admitting more students this year fearing that fewer students will be able to pay tuition to attend their school. We'll find out what this means to students applying for either a "reach" school or a "safety" school.
- Jacques Steinberg: Education reporter for The New York Times. His blog about college admissions is called "The Choice."
- Martha "Marty" O'Connell: Executive Director of Colleges That Change Lives.
- Bill McClintick: President of National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) and director of college counselling at Mercersburg Academy in Pennsylvania.
- The Choice: Demystifying college admissions and aid
- Colleges that Change Lives
- About McClintick and NACAC