Freedom of Information Day marked nationwide
On President James Madison's birthday, freedom of information and openness in government are celebrated nationally. This year, in Minnesota, the John Finnegan Award is given to longtime citizen activist Rich Neumeister for his work to increase government accountability, access to information, and privacy rights.
- Rich Neumeister: Citizen lobbyist and winner of the 2009 John Finnegan Award.
- Mark Anfinson: Minneapolis attorney, First Amendment expert and longtime attorney for the Minnesota Newspaper Association.
More from MPR
- Privacy crusader gets open government award
March 16, 2009
- Local officials want more control, fewer orders from the state
March 11, 2009
- more about Rich Neumeister
- Minnesota Coalition on Government Information
- Minnesota Newspaper Association
- Sunshine Week website