Transportation projects top the list, but is there enough money?
The new stimulus agreement sends $46 billion to transportation projects such as highway, bridge and mass transit construction. While Minnesota's share of that is not known, the federal funds are sure to be another factor as lawmakers figure out how much to spend on road projects.
- Sen. Steve Murphy: DFL-Red Wing, chair of the Minnesota Senate Transportation Committee.
- Sen. Julianne Ortman: R-Chanhassen, serves on the Minnesota Senate Transportation Committee.
More from MPR
- Promised job numbers don't always pan out
February 11, 2009
- State budgets being delayed by stimulus debate
February 10, 2009
- Highways, bike trails and rails are 'shovel-ready' in Minn.
February 6, 2009