Franken to be certified, but the Senate race outcome still unclear
Broadcast: Midmorning, 01/05/2009, 9:06 a.m.
The Minnesota Canvassing Board is expected to certify Al Franken the winner of the U.S. Senate race at its meeting this afternoon. But a likely legal challenge could leave the state with only one sitting senator for the foreseeable future.
- Mark Ritchie: Minnesota Secretary of State.
- Mark Zdechlik: MPR political reporter.
- Guy Charles: Professor of law at the University of Minnesota Law School. He is currently on sabbatical at Duke University.
- Larry Jacobs: Director of the Center for the Study of Politics and Governance at the Hubert H. Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs.
More from MPR
- Counties must finish sorting wrongly rejected ballots today
January 2, 2009
- Twice-rejected Minn. voters could miss out in end
December 31, 2008
- Franken lead at 50; absentee ballots still must be counted
December 30, 2008