Food safety: History and hysteria
After a salmonella scare in produce, concerns about contaminants in infant formula have once again put food safety on the minds of American consumers. One journalist chronicles more treacherous times, and advises the best way to avoid contaminated food today.
- Bee Wilson: Journalist and author of "Swindled: From Poison Sweets to Counterfeit Coffee - The Dark History of the Food Cheats."
More from MPR
- Melamine warning expanded in Minnesota
November 19, 2008
- Melamine in imported cookies could cause health problems
November 10, 2008
- Minn. Health Dept. issues salmonella warning
October 3, 2008
- Officials identify source of salmonella contamination
April 12, 2008