Looking for leadership during difficult times
Broadcast: Midday, 10/22/2008, 11:00 a.m.
Pulitzer prize-winning historian Doris Kearns Goodwin appeared in Minneapolis to discuss two American presidents, Abraham Lincoln and Franklin Roosevelt, and the qualities they had which helped lead the country through times of crisis.
- Doris Kearns Goodwin: Pulitzer prize winning historian and author of several books about American presidents, including "Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln," and "No Ordinary Time: Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt: The Home Front in World War II."
More from MPR
- Marilyn Carlson Nelson's 'Reflections on a life in leadership'
October 1, 2008
- 'The Powers to Lead'
April 3, 2008
- Goodwin on Lincoln
February 19, 2007
- Living with President Lincoln
February 17, 2006
- The political genius of Abraham Lincoln
February 13, 2006
- President Lincoln's political genius
December 21, 2005