Big loss on Wall Street
With Lehman Brothers, Merril Lynch, A.I.G. and other financial institutions in turmoil on Wall Street, an unemployment rate at 6.1 percent - a five-year high - and a housing market still slumping, experts Chris Farrell and Louis Johnston join Midday to discuss the current economic crisis.
- Chris Farrell: Minnesota Public Radio's chief economics correspondent
- Louis Johnston: Economics professor, St. John's University and the College of St. Benedict
More from MPR
- News Cut: Questions and answers about the financial mess
- Fed pumps $70 billion into nation's financial system
September 16, 2008
- Minnesota's economy 'well-insulated' from Wall Street troubles
September 15, 2008
- Unemployment figures raise doubts about a 'soft landing'
September 9, 2008