We spend hours in our cars, and almost as much time talking about traffic, yet how much do we think about the act of driving? The author of a new book says the way we drive tells us a lot about how our minds work, how we relate to others, and who we are.
- Tom Vanderbilt: Author of "Traffic." He's written articles about design, technology, science, and culture for Slate, the Wall Street Journal, and Rolling Stone.
More from MPR
- News Cut: Live-blogging the program
- New Minnesota law prohibits texting while driving
August 1, 2008
- That new bus smell
July 18, 2008
- U of M approves Central Corridor route
July 9, 2008
- Counties turn to gravel to surface back roads
June 27, 2008