Satire or just offensive?
Broadcast: Midmorning, 07/17/2008, 9:06 a.m.
The cartoon of Barack and Michelle Obama on the cover of this week's New Yorker is stirring a discussion of when political satire succeeds or fails.
- Philip Kennicott: Culture critic for the Washington Post.
- Nick Anderson: Pulitzer-prize winning editorial cartoonist and the president of the American Association of Editorial Cartoonists.
- New Yorker covers by Barry Blitt
- Philip Kennicott: "It's Funny How Humor Is So Ticklish"
- Nick Anderson on New Yorker cover
- NPR: 'New Yorker' Editor Defends Obama Cover