Historic Civil Rights Speech at the Democratic National Convention
Broadcast: Midday, 07/14/2008, 12:00 p.m.
It's the 60th anniversary of Hubert H. Humphrey's civil rights speech to the delegates at the 1948 Democratic National Convention. Midday broadcasts Humphrey's speech and explores its significance.
- Hy Berman: history professor emeritus, University of Minnesota
More from MPR
- Protest groups seek to avoid 2004 Boston DNC problems
June 17, 2008
- St. Paul trying to avoid RNC civil rights suits
June 10, 2008
- St. Paul plan aims to increase minority contracts
June 5, 2008
- The issue of race in presidential politics
January 16, 2008
- 'A Slave No More'
January 18, 2008