Assessing the state of the economy
St. Paul, Minn. — Consumers are spending less, unemployment is climbing, the credit crunch is complicating matters, and energy prices are at record highs.
Meanwhile, top policymakers in Washington have proposed reforms to toughen rules for mortgage brokers, lenders and credit agencies. Midday examines the latest news on the economy.
- Chris Farrell: Minnesota Public Radio's chief economics correspondent.
- Dan Laufenberg: Chief economist for Ameriprise Financial.
More from MPR
- How to keep a good job in a bad economy
March 13, 2008
- Fed action spurs big Wall Street rally
March 11, 2008
- Lawmakers begin to pick at Pawlenty budget fix
March 10, 2008
- Pawlenty budget fix cuts spending, but also cuts sales tax
March 7, 2008
- Minnesota manfacturers put out the help wanted sign for skilled workers
March 6, 2008