A son's addiction, a father's agony
Broadcast: Midmorning, 03/06/2008, 10:06 a.m.
Broadcast: Midmorning, 05/08/2008, 10:06 a.m.
A child's addiction transforms a family. Two new memoirs with different perspectives show how a child's meth habit nearly destroyed a son and almost devastated his father.
- David Sheff: Author of "Beautiful Boy: A Father's Journey Through His Son's Addiction."
- Nic Sheff: David's son and author of the young adult book, "Tweak: Growing Up on Methamphetamines."
More from MPR
- Twin Cities meth use on the decline
January 28, 2008
- Read the online chat with Nic and David Sheff
- David Sheff's Web site
- "Tweak" by Nic Sheff
- When Addicted Son Hurts, Father Feels His Own Pain
- Fresh Air interview with David and Nic Sheff