Private military contractors under scrutiny
St. Paul, Minn. — Blackwater Worldwide is perhaps one of the higher profile private military contractors in Iraq, but they're not the only one.
Blackwater's involvement in the killing of 17 civilians in Iraq and the subsequent investigations highlight the problem of how to hold "soldiers for hire" accountable when things go wrong.
- Mark Hemingway: Staff reporter for National Review Online.
- Steve Fainaru: Foreign service reporter with the Washington Post.
- Blackwater USA
- Mark Hemingway's Archive on National Review Online
- Hemingway: "Warriors for Hire", Weekly Standard, December 18, 2006
- Steve Fainaru: "Where Military Rules Don't Apply"