Atrazine, frogs, and public health
Broadcast: Midmorning, 10/10/2007, 10:06 a.m.
His research on the effects of the herbicide atrazine on frogs has generated controversy and earned him enemies. Now Tyrone Hayes is expressing concerns about the link between atrazine and breast and prostate cancer.
- Tyrone Hayes: Amphibian endocrinologist and professor in the department of integrative biology at the University of California, Berkeley.
More from MPR
- Research points to source of frog deformities
September 25, 2007
- Mayo docs hear from researcher on suspected atrazine, cancer links
January 4, 2007
- House committee kills atrazine ban
March 17, 2005
- About Tyrone Hayes
- National Geographic Emerging Explorers
- The Chronicle of Higher Education: The Story of Syngenta and Tyrone Hayes at UC Berkeley
- EPA's Atrazine Web page