Posted at 2:56 PM on April 23, 2009
by Jeff Horwich
Put into visual form.
Our associate (what a dumb word, but I'm using it) Anna has been analyzing the results of the "word association" question in our recent listener survey, and popped them into a Wordle. (Click to pop up a full-size version.)
Few things come to mind:
* Interesting that a misspelling of my last name is fairly large, but the correct spelling does not appear. Hmmmm. Maybe I should just go with that.
* I know all about The Loop in Chicago, but really -- is it that overwhelming of a cultural reference? Or do we just have way more listeners in Chicago than I was aware of?
* We like how "something" crops up right in the middle. We are indeed "something."
* I think my latest glance at the Wordle has given us our new slogan: "Fun Chicago Great Show Funny Community."
* By and large, these are a lot of encouraging words. If we can get "funny," "smart," "entertaining" and "informative" all in there in fairly large type, we seem to be on to something.
* "Car." Car?
my favorite "new slogans" for our show, derived by taking three random words from the Woordle:
"Great car perspective"
"Jeff Know Topics"
"Quirky floor forum"
"Actually funny program"
"really informed something"
"Local Sanden news"
Please refer to me as what I accurately am to you guys! (Your bff.)
Would regular show-listeners/one time show-goers know this mysterious "associate" Anna?
Comrade Anna is a newish addition to our team. She works for Public Insight Journalism and occasionally makes awesome videos about nun's brains.