Politics & Government
- Washington's revolving door powers on
Politicians often turn to lucrative jobs in the private sector after leaving office, raising ethical concerns.The Daily Circuit, July 24, 2014
- A look at ACA appeals court decisions
Stephen Parente of the Carlson School of Management joins The Daily Circuit to discuss the Affordable Care Act court decisions Tuesday.The Daily Circuit, July 23, 2014
- Eyes on Putin as tension escalates
We take a deeper look at the conflict in Ukraine as international pressure on Russian President Vladimir Putin continues to build.The Daily Circuit, July 22, 2014
- Are no-party candidates what America needs?
In a recent op-ed in the LA Times, Dan Schnur says the millennial generation who are increasingly identifying as independents.The Daily Circuit, July 22, 2014
- Hillary Clinton on Daily Circuit: Europe needs to step up in Ukraine crisis
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton joined The Daily Circuit to respond to President Obama's statement on the crisis in Ukraine and discuss her new book, "Hard Choices."The Daily Circuit, July 18, 2014
- Hennepin County elections officials to discuss voter registration controversy
Concerns about voter irregularities are a flashpoint in a Minneapolis DFL primary contest next month between state Rep. Phyllis Kahn and challenger Mohamud Noor.The Daily Circuit, July 10, 2014
- Reflecting on SCOTUS term, what's changed?
We look at the Supreme Court's latest rulings. What long-standing precedents are at stake?The Daily Circuit, July 9, 2014
- In quest to rebrand conservatism, 'Reformicons' look for change
The Republican Party is not speaking to its average voter, a new political movement says.The Daily Circuit, July 8, 2014
- Reuters: US has secret military presence in Somalia
Phil Stewart, Pentagon correspondent for Reuters, discusses his reporting on the US keeping a secret military presence in Somalia since around 2007.The Daily Circuit, July 7, 2014
- For veterans of Iraq War, a tough return
Veterans of the Iraq War face a host of challenges. Is the government doing enough to offer support?The Daily Circuit, July 7, 2014
- President Obama speaks at Lake Harriet Bandshell
The Daily Circuit will be joined by a University of Minnesota political science professor to discuss the remarksThe Daily Circuit, June 27, 2014
- When millionaires make policy for the poor
More than half of the members of Congress are millionaires. When it comes to determining policy aimed at helping poor Americans, are the wealthy best for the job?The Daily Circuit, June 26, 2014
- Activist Vernon Jordan: Voter ID laws 'as cruel, as discriminatory' as segregated white primaries
The former president of the National Urban League and civil rights activist joins us to discuss how far America has come 50 years after the Civil Rights Act.The Daily Circuit, June 25, 2014
- Who lost Iraq?
With all eyes on Iraq in recent weeks, we look at the politics of 'winning' and 'losing' in foreign policy.The Daily Circuit, June 24, 2014
- In an increasingly polarized America, what's to come?
The American political sphere is increasingly polarized. How did we get here and what's to come?The Daily Circuit, June 22, 2014
Spotlight topics on The Daily Circuit
MPR News Radio