Politics & Government
- Will Congress solve budget, farm bill, immigration reform before 2014?
In the wake of the shutdown, we'll discuss how Congress and the White House can move forward and pass major legislation.The Daily Circuit, October 21, 2013
- Richard Moe on 'Roosevelt's Second Act'
Minnesota native and former chief of staff to Vice President Walter Mondale is out with a book focused on President Franklin Delano Roosevelt's decision to seek a third term.The Daily Circuit, October 17, 2013
- Rep. Peterson on the upcoming farm bill negotiations
Rep. Collin Peterson, D-Minn, was named this week to the House conference committee tasked with finding a farm bill resolution with the Senate.The Daily Circuit, October 17, 2013
- What's next after government shutdown?
After Senate leaders announced a bipartisan agreement Wednesday, we'll look at what the deal means for federal spending and the nation's debt.The Daily Circuit, October 16, 2013
- Poll: 60% of Americans would fire all members of Congress
Fourteen days into the government shutdown, a recent NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll shows 60 percent of Americans would replace every single member of Congress if they could.The Daily Circuit, October 14, 2013
- How political cartoons portray the government shutdown
Rob Rogers, editorial cartoonist for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, joins The Daily Circuit to talk about the images and themes defining the government shutdown.The Daily Circuit, October 8, 2013
- With no farm bill, farmers are caught in a time warp
Among the items that Congress let slip was the deadline for enacting a new farm bill.The Daily Circuit, October 8, 2013
- If millennials want to change the system, they can
They have the skills to transform society. And they may be disgusted enough to do it.The Daily Circuit, October 8, 2013
- Thoughtful debate on role of government won't come from Congress
Two former Minnesota Independence Party candidates for governor called for a long-overdue "full-fledged debate over the appropriate role of government" in a Star Tribune opinion piece this weekend.The Daily Circuit, October 7, 2013
- The government's shut down, but the Political Junkie isn't
Ken Rudin comes to talk politics.The Daily Circuit, October 7, 2013
- On Day 4, the lowdown on the shutdown
Layoffs and cutbacks follow in the wake of the dispute in Washington.The Daily Circuit, October 4, 2013
- Three perspectives on Iran
Three experts on U.S.-Iran relations join us to give their perspective on negotiations regarding Iran's nuclear program.The Daily Circuit, October 3, 2013
- Carlson says orchestra deserves help as much as Vikings
Former governor suggests Vikings should help finance a solution to the orchestra lockout.The Daily Circuit, October 3, 2013
- How journalists report on government shutdowns
As part of a new feature, Slate staff writer Joshua Keating takes on the U.S. government shutdown using "the tropes and tone normally employed by the American media to describe events in other countries."The Daily Circuit, October 2, 2013
- WWII vets to politicians: 'Get out of my way'
Leave it to the "Greatest Generation" to put a visual stamp on leadership.The Daily Circuit, October 1, 2013
Spotlight topics on The Daily Circuit
MPR News Radio