Politics & Government
- Hillary Clinton receives secret letter from Democratic senators
Why did 17 female Democratic senators send a secret letter to Hillary Clinton? Was it to urge her to run for president? And if so, why was it secret?The Daily Circuit, November 4, 2013
- Legislation would add e-cigarettes to Minn. smoking ban
State Rep. Phyllis Kahn, DFL-Minneapolis, plans to introduce legislation in the 2014 session that would add e-cigarettes to the Minnesota Clean Indoor Air Act.The Daily Circuit, November 3, 2013
- Political Junkie on Obama's health care law fallout
We'll get the Political Junkie's take on the latest fallout from the Affordable Care Act.November 4, 2013
- Conservative leaders push for 2013 immigration reform
Where do the interests of the business community and anti-tax leaders fit with the interests of longtime immigration-reform advocates?The Daily Circuit, October 31, 2013
- Sebelius on website breakdown: 'I am responsible'
We'll air highlights from Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius' testimony to the House Energy and Commerce Committee regarding the federal health insurance website.The Daily Circuit, October 30, 2013
- Food stamps face possible cuts, and a rising need
Congress ponders cuts of up to $40 billion to the program.The Daily Circuit, October 30, 2013
- Young Christians and the GOP
Conservative columnist and strategist Matt Lewis recently wrote about the "ethical conundrums" facing young Christians today.The Daily Circuit, October 30, 2013
- Minn. Secretary of State responds to online voter registration concerns
Minnesota Secretary of State Mark Ritchie joins us to discuss whether he had the authority to develop an online voter registration system without legislative approval.The Daily Circuit, October 29, 2013
- The Political Junkie on federal health exchange, NSA spying controversy
We'll get the Political Junkie's take on the fallout from federal health exchange computer problems, the NSA spying controversy and look at the chances for passing an immigration reform bill this year.The Daily Circuit, October 28, 2013
- Ranked-choice voting meets a crowded field in Minneapolis
We look at how the new voting method plays out with 35 candidates.The Daily Circuit, October 23, 2013
- Pick the ranked-choice argument that works for you
Former senator thinks Congress should stand for ranked-choice elections.The Daily Circuit, October 22, 2013
- Will Congress solve budget, farm bill, immigration reform before 2014?
In the wake of the shutdown, we'll discuss how Congress and the White House can move forward and pass major legislation.The Daily Circuit, October 21, 2013
- Richard Moe on 'Roosevelt's Second Act'
Minnesota native and former chief of staff to Vice President Walter Mondale is out with a book focused on President Franklin Delano Roosevelt's decision to seek a third term.The Daily Circuit, October 17, 2013
- Rep. Peterson on the upcoming farm bill negotiations
Rep. Collin Peterson, D-Minn, was named this week to the House conference committee tasked with finding a farm bill resolution with the Senate.The Daily Circuit, October 17, 2013
- What's next after government shutdown?
After Senate leaders announced a bipartisan agreement Wednesday, we'll look at what the deal means for federal spending and the nation's debt.The Daily Circuit, October 16, 2013
Spotlight topics on The Daily Circuit
MPR News Radio