News & Trends
- How criminal records worsen the jobs gap
Advocates, Target get together to address solutions.The Daily Circuit, October 23, 2013
- Critics allege drone policy may be violating world law
Drone attacks said to be killing civilians indiscriminately or illegally.The Daily Circuit, October 23, 2013
- Pentagon Papers lawyer sees Obama as 'worse than Nixon'
James Goodale represented the New York Times in a landmark case that reached the Supreme Court.The Daily Circuit, October 22, 2013
- The pressures than can lead small towns to merge
Mergers in Minnesota are rare, but one may be about to happen.The Daily Circuit, October 22, 2013
- U of M police fining cyclists riding on sidewalks
University of Minnesota police are issuing $98 fines for biking in restricted areas, and ticketing and removing bikes left on racks longer than 10 days.The Daily Circuit, October 22, 2013
- Planners ponder design changes for Duluth's signature street
Proposed reconstruction project aims to rebuild the street and sewers beneath it.The Daily Circuit, October 22, 2013
- Foster children face challenges as they age out of system
Cris Beam learned about the troubles facing American foster care when she decided to foster and adopt a teen as she aged out of the system.The Daily Circuit, October 21, 2013
- Beargrease sled dog race canceled due to lack of funding
Organizers will use the year to regroup and raise funds for future races, according to WDIO.The Daily Circuit, October 18, 2013
- BBC: Why do we bury the dead?
Burial is a practice that's been carried out for centuries by different cultures and religions around the world, but why do we do it?The Daily Circuit, October 17, 2013
- Has Washington Redskins name controversy reached a tipping point?
The president's comment on the Washington, D.C. football team brought a new audience to the debate of Native American sport team nicknames.The Daily Circuit, October 17, 2013
- Maziar Bahari's moment of Zen
How an interview with the Daily Show landed a journalist in prison.The Daily Circuit, October 11, 2013
- Rudy Maxa suggests taking the road less planned for
Travel expert says the best trips are the ones that leave room for the unexpected.The Daily Circuit, October 9, 2013
- Retirement recedes as many workers stay on the job past 65
Older workers have unemployment that is lower, but longer.The Daily Circuit, October 7, 2013
- Still no light at the end of the Southwest tunnels
Decision on disputed route is delayed.The Daily Circuit, October 4, 2013
- BBC: Why do we yearn for the past?
Why do we look back and yearn for the past? The BBC speaks to a social psychologist who reveals that looking to the past can protect us in a number of ways.The Daily Circuit, October 4, 2013
Spotlight topics on The Daily Circuit
MPR News Radio