News & Trends
- The benefits of raising a child as a millennial
While many millennials shy away from having kids for various financial and personal reasons, they shouldn't, argues Taylor Tepper of Money.The Daily Circuit, September 22, 2014
- A man who knew the value of the human voice
A man known around here as "The Host Whisperer" has died.The Daily Circuit, September 22, 2014
- The best Minnesota restaurants to visit this fall
Rick Nelson, restaurant critic for the Star Tribune, joins us to talk about where to eat while traveling this season.The Daily Circuit, September 18, 2014
- BBC: Why do we protest?
There are many ways to get involved in politics, so what brings people out into the streets to take direct action against the powerful?The Daily Circuit, September 19, 2014
- Journalist Harun Maruf on Minneapolis men fighting in Syria
Harun Maruf, senior editor with Voice of America's Somali service, on young Somali-Americans whose families believe they have left Minneapolis to join radical groups in Syria.The Daily Circuit, September 18, 2014
- Scotland heads to the polls for independence vote
How will day-to-day life change in Scotland after the vote?The Daily Circuit, September 18, 2014
- Obama targets college sexual assault in new campaign
The plan, called "It's On Us," is meant to challenge everyone on campus to actively engage in preventing sexual assault.The Daily Circuit, September 16, 2014
- MacArthur 'genius grant' winner welcomes boost to work on Native American domestic violence
Sarah Deer is the co-director of William Mitchell College's Indian Law clinic.The Daily Circuit, September 17, 2014
- 3 hotspots in the Middle East amid ISIS threat
With the growing threat of ISIS in the Middle East, we look at how the crisis is playing out in Iran, Turkey and Saudi Arabia.The Daily Circuit, September 16, 2014
- Will Scotland declare independence?
The population views Thursday's election with a mixture of excitement and fear.The Daily Circuit, September 16, 2014
- Op-ed: How NFL's Goodell is like Nixon
A sportswriter for The Nation finds grist in pro football's bad news.The Daily Circuit, September 16, 2014
- Is it ever OK to hit a child?
The Adrian Peterson case raises questions about corporal punishment.The Daily Circuit, September 15, 2014
- Will new Apple tech change how we think about online privacy?
We discuss how the notions of privacy online are evolving with technology.The Daily Circuit, September 14, 2014
- A look at Minneapolis' sex trafficking market
"We found a tremendous amount of evidence that operations employ systematic psychological, physical, and sexual brutality to develop a 'product,' which is girls to sell," the report said.The Daily Circuit, September 14, 2014
- Ray Rice case draws national attention to domestic violence
Women's organizations, members of Congress and players have called for more detail about the NFL's handling of the Rice case.The Daily Circuit, September 12, 2014
Spotlight topics on The Daily Circuit
MPR News Radio