Economy, Business & Jobs
- Circuit Cents: Who beats the average?
Wall Street firms like to say they can perform better than the market. They can't all be right.The Daily Circuit, April 8, 2014
- A critical eye on the nation's banking crisis
Former FDIC chair has suggested Wall Street might need another crisis to learn its lesson.The Daily Circuit, April 7, 2014
- Can underwater homeowners regain their footing?
Now that the housing market is improving, we take stock of what's ahead for those who were hurt.The Daily Circuit, April 3, 2014
- How effective are economic sanctions?
Russia isn't the only country facing US sanctions. We get two perspectives on the use of economic sanctions as statecraft.The Daily Circuit, March 28, 2014
- Investors looking to farmland, institute warns
If Wall Street starts buying up farmland, rural economies could suffer.The Daily Circuit, March 27, 2014
- What makes co-op grocers thrive in Twin Cites?
Multiple Twin Cities-based co-ops are planning new locations or expansions.The Daily Circuit, March 26, 2014
- No car? Consider lure of shared rides
Peer-to-peer commerce produces alternate forms of transportation.The Daily Circuit, March 24, 2014
- Water tech summit on tap Tuesday
Meeting aims to make Minnesota a leader in the business.The Daily Circuit, March 24, 2014
- Obama orders expansion of overtime pay
President Obama signed an order last week that would make more Americans eligible for overtime pay when they work more than 40 hours per week.March 19, 2014
- How to avoid regrets in retirement
Financial experts discuss what you can do to save yourself from financial struggles after retirement.The Daily Circuit, March 18, 2014
- 5 tips for managing your 401(k)
Sandra Block, senior associate editor at Kiplinger's Personal Finance, joins us to offer advice on how and when to make adjustments to your retirement savings accounts.The Daily Circuit, March 12, 2014
- What GDP, unemployment rate and inflation really tell us about the economy
Zachary Karabell, president of RiverTwice Research, is out with a new book, "The Leading Indicators," to explain how these numbers "rule our world."The Daily Circuit, March 3, 2014
- Does cold weather freeze spending?
We look at the relationship between the business climate and the ... um ... climate.The Daily Circuit, March 3, 2014
- How to handle new love, old dollar bill blues
Ruth Hayden, personal finance educator and consultant, visits to take your questions and offer advice on money issues in relationships.The Daily Circuit, February 27, 2014
- Circuit Cents: The rise of prepaid credit cards
We're starting a new segment today called Circuit Cents. Think of it as a blend of personal finance advice and consumer money news.The Daily Circuit, February 26, 2014
Spotlight topics on The Daily Circuit
MPR News Radio