Economy, Business & Jobs
- How to find the best new jobs in a changing market
We discuss the skills that will best prepare you for a changing market, and what some of the "coolest" jobs may be.The Daily Circuit, June 27, 2014
- What Minnesotans would tell Obama about work-life balance
While President Obama visits the Twin Cities to meet a working mother, we asked Daily Circuit listeners what they would tell the president about work-life balance.The Daily Circuit, June 26, 2014
- The tax politics of the Medtronic deal
The deal to buy Irish medical device manufacturer Covidien would effectively make Fridley-based Medtronic a foreign company.The Daily Circuit, June 18, 2014
- How to handle college financial aid when your parents are divorced
When students with divorced parents are applying for financial aid, they face a question: whose income to declare?The Daily Circuit, June 18, 2014
- 9 ways to limit financial pain of divorce
There's no way to remain whole, but you can take steps to protect yourself.The Daily Circuit, June 12, 2014
- Why Americans hate their work
A whopping 70 percent of Americans don't feel engaged in their jobs.The Daily Circuit, June 11, 2014
- Could a work coach save you from burnout?
There was a time when executives and employees on the verge of burnout turned to therapy. Now many of them turn to coaches.The Daily Circuit, June 10, 2014
- Advice for the unhappily employed
When you want to leave your job, a video may not be the right way to say so.The Daily Circuit, June 5, 2014
- Do small towns suffer from a bad narrative?
It's time to try to change the narrative about small towns, said of Minnesota Extension research fellow Ben Winchester.The Daily Circuit, June 5, 2014
- 7 tips to help plan for retirement
For this week's Circuit Cents, we discussed the best way to find your retirement number with personal finance expert Sandra Block.The Daily Circuit, June 4, 2014
- Can capitalism be more inclusive?
Last week, 250 people worth a total of $30 trillion gathered in London to talk about how the world can make capitalism work better for more people.The Daily Circuit, June 4, 2014
- How a criminal past affects a job search
Chris Farrell, senior economics contributor for Marketplace, joins us to discuss the correlation between poverty, crime and unemployment.The Daily Circuit, June 3, 2014
- Recession health costs will be 'substantial and enduring,' researcher says
When the American economy tanks, so does public health.The Daily Circuit, June 2, 2014
- The housing challenges of north Minneapolis
Efforts to improve housing options for minority communities appear to be producing mixed results.The Daily Circuit, May 29, 2014
- Should college grads have option to refinance student loans?
A new Senate bill would let borrowers refinance their private and public student loans to take advantage of the lower rates current students are receiving from lenders.The Daily Circuit, May 26, 2014
Spotlight topics on The Daily Circuit
MPR News Radio