Economy, Business & Jobs
- Can capitalism be more inclusive?
Last week, 250 people worth a total of $30 trillion gathered in London to talk about how the world can make capitalism work better for more people.The Daily Circuit, June 4, 2014
- How a criminal past affects a job search
Chris Farrell, senior economics contributor for Marketplace, joins us to discuss the correlation between poverty, crime and unemployment.The Daily Circuit, June 3, 2014
- Recession health costs will be 'substantial and enduring,' researcher says
When the American economy tanks, so does public health.The Daily Circuit, June 2, 2014
- The housing challenges of north Minneapolis
Efforts to improve housing options for minority communities appear to be producing mixed results.The Daily Circuit, May 29, 2014
- Should college grads have option to refinance student loans?
A new Senate bill would let borrowers refinance their private and public student loans to take advantage of the lower rates current students are receiving from lenders.The Daily Circuit, May 26, 2014
- Circuit Cents: Read your statements
Do you know what the charges are on your credit card bill?The Daily Circuit, May 21, 2014
- Medical debt can wreak havoc on your credit rating
On this week's Circuit Cents, medical doctor and journalist Elisabeth Rosenthal joins us to talk about how medical bills can hurt your financial reputation.The Daily Circuit, May 14, 2014
- Rent vs. buy: Which makes more financial sense?
We look at the financials behind renting and buying.The Daily Circuit, May 7, 2014
- Where is America's housing recovery?
Reports of the housing market's resuscitation may have been premature.The Daily Circuit, May 7, 2014
- Lower unemployment masks a problem
The percentage of people participating in the labor force has dropped.The Daily Circuit, May 6, 2014
- What Target's Steinhafel did wrong, and didn't
Target shakeup raises questions of CEO accountability.The Daily Circuit, May 5, 2014
- The latest on Target CEO resignation
Ken Perkins, an analyst for the investment research firm Morningstar, follows Target. He joined The Daily Circuit with the latest updates.The Daily Circuit, May 5, 2014
- Reframing Social Security
The federal government's largest program could be the center of a generational war.The Daily Circuit, April 30, 2014
- Bob Ivry on 'The Seven Sins of Wall Street'
Ivry contends that bankers and their ilk continued to get richer - with the help of Washington - while millions of Americans struggled.The Daily Circuit, April 29, 2014
- Circuit Cents: Picking the right life insurance
We look into two trends in the life insurance industry that link benefits to stocks: variable universal life and indexed universal life.The Daily Circuit, April 23, 2014
Spotlight topics on The Daily Circuit
MPR News Radio