Economy, Business & Jobs
- Are casinos "gaming the poor?"
Casinos target and ensnare low-income gamblers, argues Barbara Dafoe Whitehead.The Daily Circuit, July 14, 2014
- Medtronic's move: 'Positively un-American?'
We look at why American companies -- like Medtronic -- are moving abroad, and what this means for the American taxpayer.The Daily Circuit, July 13, 2014
- 4 reasons millennials are financially savvy
Chris Farrell of Marketplace and Bloomberg Businessweek joins The Daily Circuit to talk about the way millennials are managing their finances.The Daily Circuit, July 7, 2014
- Questioning role of financial advisers when interests collide
A look at proposed rules to force financial advisers to work in clients' best interest.The Daily Circuit, July 1, 2014
- How to find the best new jobs in a changing market
We discuss the skills that will best prepare you for a changing market, and what some of the "coolest" jobs may be.The Daily Circuit, June 27, 2014
- What Minnesotans would tell Obama about work-life balance
While President Obama visits the Twin Cities to meet a working mother, we asked Daily Circuit listeners what they would tell the president about work-life balance.The Daily Circuit, June 26, 2014
- The tax politics of the Medtronic deal
The deal to buy Irish medical device manufacturer Covidien would effectively make Fridley-based Medtronic a foreign company.The Daily Circuit, June 18, 2014
- How to handle college financial aid when your parents are divorced
When students with divorced parents are applying for financial aid, they face a question: whose income to declare?The Daily Circuit, June 18, 2014
- 9 ways to limit financial pain of divorce
There's no way to remain whole, but you can take steps to protect yourself.The Daily Circuit, June 12, 2014
- Why Americans hate their work
A whopping 70 percent of Americans don't feel engaged in their jobs.The Daily Circuit, June 11, 2014
- Could a work coach save you from burnout?
There was a time when executives and employees on the verge of burnout turned to therapy. Now many of them turn to coaches.The Daily Circuit, June 10, 2014
- Advice for the unhappily employed
When you want to leave your job, a video may not be the right way to say so.The Daily Circuit, June 5, 2014
- Do small towns suffer from a bad narrative?
It's time to try to change the narrative about small towns, said of Minnesota Extension research fellow Ben Winchester.The Daily Circuit, June 5, 2014
- 7 tips to help plan for retirement
For this week's Circuit Cents, we discussed the best way to find your retirement number with personal finance expert Sandra Block.The Daily Circuit, June 4, 2014
- Can capitalism be more inclusive?
Last week, 250 people worth a total of $30 trillion gathered in London to talk about how the world can make capitalism work better for more people.The Daily Circuit, June 4, 2014
Spotlight topics on The Daily Circuit
MPR News Radio