Arts & Culture
- Lodro Rinzler on how to 'Walk Like a Buddha' even if you're hung over
In his new book, Buddhist and teacher Lodro Rinzler explains how to integrate Buddhist practice into everyday life.The Daily Circuit, November 5, 2013
- Keillor to dreary poets: Get over yourselves
The Prairie Home host wishes young people were given volumes of Collins instead of Eliot.The Daily Circuit, November 4, 2013
- Billy Collins on the funny, serious poem
The former poet laureate says he had to learn to use humor for a serious purpose.The Daily Circuit, October 31, 2013
- Author Nora Gallagher on keeping the faith through illness
Gallagher joins us to discuss her memoir and how her illness redefined her faith.The Daily Circuit, October 31, 2013
- Scariest movies of all time
In honor of Halloween, we discuss the scariest movies of all time. What gets to you? Psychological thrillers or bloody mayhem?The Daily Circuit, October 30, 2013
- John Freeman on interviewing novelists
Former Granta editor John Freeman joins us to talk about the insights contained in his book, "How to Read a Novelist."The Daily Circuit, October 29, 2013
- Paul F. Tompkins on how to remain funny
The comedian stops by on his way to Wits.October 23, 2013
- A look at The Guardian's 'Top 10 action movies' list
This month, the film critics at The Guardian are assembling all-time top 10 lists. We'll discuss the action films on this week's Screen Time.The Daily Circuit, October 22, 2013
- Talking Volumes: Rick Riordan on 'The House of Hades'
Rick Riordan, author of the Heroes of Olympus series for young adult readers, joins Talking Volumes to discuss his latest installment.The Daily Circuit, October 21, 2013
- In 'Zona,' author Geoff Dyer examines 1979 film 'Stalker'
Many people have favorite movies, but British writer Geoff Dyer has taken his love of a 1970's science fiction film to new heights.The Daily Circuit, October 17, 2013
- Richard Moe on 'Roosevelt's Second Act'
Minnesota native and former chief of staff to Vice President Walter Mondale is out with a book focused on President Franklin Delano Roosevelt's decision to seek a third term.The Daily Circuit, October 17, 2013
- Films that inspire fans to travel
For this week's Screen Time, we talk about the movies that made you want to travel.The Daily Circuit, October 9, 2013
- Delia Ephron works through death of sister through writing
Author Delia Ephron is in town for the Twin Cities Book Festival this weekend and joins us to discuss her latest collection of essays.The Daily Circuit, October 9, 2013
- 'Visitation Street' is Kerri's book pick
Pochoda's novel, set in Red Hook, Brooklyn, follows the aftermath of two 15-year-old girls taking a raft into the bay.The Daily Circuit, October 8, 2013
- Bill McKibben documents climate change movement in 'Oil and Honey'
Environmental activist Bill McKibben says he "wanted to show that anyone can do this. Activism isn't just the province of big groups or experts."The Daily Circuit, October 8, 2013
Spotlight topics on The Daily Circuit
MPR News Radio