Arts & Culture
- Delia Ephron works through death of sister through writing
Author Delia Ephron is in town for the Twin Cities Book Festival this weekend and joins us to discuss her latest collection of essays.The Daily Circuit, October 9, 2013
- 'Visitation Street' is Kerri's book pick
Pochoda's novel, set in Red Hook, Brooklyn, follows the aftermath of two 15-year-old girls taking a raft into the bay.The Daily Circuit, October 8, 2013
- Bill McKibben documents climate change movement in 'Oil and Honey'
Environmental activist Bill McKibben says he "wanted to show that anyone can do this. Activism isn't just the province of big groups or experts."The Daily Circuit, October 8, 2013
- Talking Volumes: Margaret Atwood on 'MaddAddam'
We air Kerri Miller's conversation with author Margaret Atwood at the Fitzgerald Theater in St. Paul.The Daily Circuit, October 7, 2013
- The best movies you (probably) haven't seen
For this week's Screen Time, Stephanie discusses "Fill the Void," a 2012 Israeli film about an ultra-Orthodox family in mourning after the death of their eldest daughter.The Daily Circuit, October 2, 2013
- Minnesota Orchestra conductor Vanska resigns
Osmo Vanska, the famed conductor of the Minnesota Orchestra, resigned today, one year after the musician lockout began.The Daily Circuit, October 1, 2013
- Talking Volumes: Edwidge Danticat on 'Claire of the Sea Light'
We air Kerri Miller's conversation with author Edwidge Danticat at the Fitzgerald Theater in St. Paul.The Daily Circuit, September 30, 2013
- BBC: Why do we listen to sad music?
A recent study has shown that sad music has become increasingly popular, but why do people choose to listen to it, and what goes on in the brain and the body when they do?The Daily Circuit, September 26, 2013
- Nathanael Johnson explores benefits, drawbacks to going 'All Natural'
Journalist Nathanael Johnson takes his experience as a child raised by California hippies and tries to find evidence to back up the all-natural lifestyle.The Daily Circuit, September 26, 2013
- Jane Austen, on the big and little screen
With the author's fans converging on the Twin Cities, Screen Time does an inventory.The Daily Circuit, September 25, 2013
- Jane Austen fans descending on Twin Cities this weekend
The Jane Austen Society of North America's annual general meeting will be held in the Twin Cities later this week. We speak with two Austen scholars about why her work has endured.The Daily Circuit, September 25, 2013
- Using 'R rated' book without asking parents was wrong, school chair says
Anoka-Hennepin board will consider whether "Eleanor & Park" should have a place in the library.The Daily Circuit, September 25, 2013
- Amy Grace Loyd's debut novel a meditation on grief
Loyd's novel tells the story of a woman who turns all of her obsessive focus into being a landlord after her husband dies.The Daily Circuit, September 23, 2013
- Journalism for the undamaged attention span
Web-based publications bet on a public appetite for long-form journalism.The Daily Circuit, September 19, 2013
- Hollywood's portrayal of the Wall Street collapse
For this week's Screen Time, Kerri and Stephanie discuss how Hollywood has depicted the economic meltdown in films since the Wall Street collapse five years ago.The Daily Circuit, September 18, 2013
Spotlight topics on The Daily Circuit
MPR News Radio