Arts & Culture
- Screen Time: What it takes to win an Oscar
What goes into a campaign to win an Oscar? Stephanie Curtis and Kerri Miller discuss that question as we move closer to Oscar nightFebruary 19, 2014
- Roaming and Reading: Donna Leon's Venice
We're starting a new segment on The Daily Circuit called Roaming and Reading. It's a mash-up of two things Kerri loves best: literature and travel.The Daily Circuit, February 19, 2014
- Parenting today: 'All Joy And No Fun?'
Scientific research suggests parents were less happy than couples who didn't have kids. Author Jennifer Senior looks into modern parenting.The Daily Circuit, February 18, 2014
- In Conversation: Malcolm Gladwell on 'David and Goliath'
We air bestselling author Malcolm Gladwell's appearance at the Fitzgerald Theater Jan. 30, 2014.The Daily Circuit, February 16, 2014
- Lizzo gaining national attention after song featured on HBO's 'Girls'
Lizzo joined us in the MPR studios earlier this month to perform some songs and talk about where her career is headed.The Daily Circuit, February 14, 2014
- 'Lincoln's Boys:' The men behind the president's image
Author Joshua Zeitz gives us a glimpse of Abraham Lincoln's White House through the lens of two of his closest aides.The Daily Circuit, February 14, 2014
- Screen Time: 3 romances
Two of them are remakes.The Daily Circuit, February 12, 2014
- Rick Steves takes listener travel questions
Travel writer Rick Steves joins us to talk about travel trends and his most recent adventures.The Daily Circuit, February 4, 2014
- Local author Nicole Helget on 'Stillwater'
The Mankato Free Press called the novel a "logjam of colorful characters."The Daily Circuit, February 4, 2014
- The arts community remembers Joan Mondale
When her husband was vice president, she served as "arts ombudsman."The Daily Circuit, February 4, 2014
- Foreign objects are keys to Hauschka's piano
German composer and pianist finds new ways to conjure distinctive sounds.The Daily Circuit, January 30, 2014
- 'Drink' and a woman's pursuit of perfection
In Ann Dowsett Johnston's latest book, the journalist and recovering alcoholic weaves her personal story with research showing a rise in risky drinking among women.The Daily Circuit, January 30, 2014
- Why are we seeing the same faces on the big screen?
Kerri and Stephanie talk about who is a star, what makes them a star and why we seem to see the same faces decade after decade on the big screen.The Daily Circuit, January 29, 2014
- Book took days to write, and now it's a movie
One morning a story came to Joyce Maynard, and she wrote it down.The Daily Circuit, January 28, 2014
- Clive Thompson on how our intelligence is changing
In his latest book, Thompson pushes back against the apocalyptic warnings of ever-present technology and argues that it's shaping our minds for the better.The Daily Circuit, January 26, 2014
Spotlight topics on The Daily Circuit
MPR News Radio