Arts & Culture
- William Swanson on the 1972 unsolved kidnapping of Virginia Piper
It's been called the nation's most successful kidnapping. On a July afternoon, Piper was taken from her home in Orono by gunmen who demanded $1 million in ransom.The Daily Circuit, October 22, 2014
- Jeffrey Kluger on 'The Narcissist Next Door'
You need a healthy ego to climb to the top of your profession. But when does self-regard become narcissism?The Daily Circuit, October 22, 2014
- How soccer survived war in Somalia
Filmmaker J.R. Biersmith spent a year following two friends who played for the national soccer team in Somalia.The Daily Circuit, October 22, 2014
- Screen Time: 'Dear White People'
MPR News' Euan Kerr joins Kerri to talk about the new film "Dear White People."The Daily Circuit, October 22, 2014
- Steven Johnson on 'Six Inventions That Made the Modern World'
Forget about the lone genius laboring in a lab as the driver of change; Johnson argues that invention happens incrementally and in surprising ways.The Daily Circuit, October 21, 2014
- Jazz radio legend Leigh Kamman dies at 92
Leigh Kamman, the former host of the long-running "The Jazz Image" on MPR and whose broadcasting career spanned more than six decades, died Friday evening. He was 92.The Daily Circuit, October 20, 2014
- On 'Timeline,' Chris Lomheim builds stirring melodies
Twenty years after a remarkable CD, pianist Chris Lomheim returns to the studio with bassist Gordy Johnson and drummer Jay Epstein.The Daily Circuit, October 16, 2014
- Preserving Minnesota's native languages
Two Minnesotans discuss what's being done to document and preserve them.The Daily Circuit, October 15, 2014
- Twin Cities Film Fest to locally premiere 'Wild,' 'Men, Women & Children'
The 10-day event opens Thursday at the Showplace Icon Theatres, running through Oct. 25.The Daily Circuit, October 14, 2014
- The best courtroom dramas and legal thrillers on film
This week on Screen Time, Kerri and Stephanie talk about courtroom dramas and legal thrillers.The Daily Circuit, October 14, 2014
- John Branch on Derek Boogaard, 'Boy on Ice'
Branch, a Pulitzer Prize winner, has expanded his initial reporting with a more extensive book detailing Boogaard's life and death.The Daily Circuit, October 13, 2014
- 14 things to do over 'MEA' weekend in Minnesota
We chat with local experts to brainstorm some great places to visit and things to do with your kids.The Daily Circuit, October 12, 2014
- What happens when an author's book is banned?
We discuss the history of banned books and the reasoning behind the larger efforts across the country.The Daily Circuit, October 12, 2014
- 'Sense of Style:' A scientist's take on language
Steven Pinker uses his expertise in how our brains work to explain why we write the way we do.The Daily Circuit, October 9, 2014
- Todd Brewster on 'Lincoln's Gamble' for emancipation
The journalist and author tells the story of the six months of Abraham Lincoln's presidency that led up to the Emancipation Proclamation.The Daily Circuit, October 6, 2014
Spotlight topics on The Daily Circuit
MPR News Radio