Arts & Culture
- Garrison Keillor on premiere of his first play, 'Radio Man'
Now he has added "playwright" to his long line of descriptors with the premiere of his first play, "Radio Man," at The History Theatre this past weekend.The Daily Circuit, September 29, 2014
- Lynne Rossetto Kasper looks back at 20 years of The Splendid Table
The Splendid Table launched in 1994, a year when baked brie was in and iceberg lettuce was still hot.The Daily Circuit, September 29, 2014
- Marlon James' new novel looks at 1970s Jamaica
His new novel is a sweeping look at Jamaican politics, history and pop culture in the 1970s.The Daily Circuit, September 28, 2014
- Nancy Crocker on 'Seeing America'
"Seeing America" is a carefully researched piece of historical fiction which reveals how primitive life was sometimes in the prairie states during the early 20th century.The Daily Circuit, September 25, 2014
- Maureen Corrigan on the story behind 'The Great Gatsby'
Corrigan first read the book in high school and it meant little to her. But over the years, it revealed its depths and she's been in its thrall.The Daily Circuit, September 25, 2014
- Bill Maher: Targeting Kline for 'quietly just doing the job wrong'
MPR News Reporter Brett Neely talked with comedian Bill Maher about his plan to work on defeating Rep. John Kline in his reelection in November.The Daily Circuit, September 25, 2014
- Is young-adult movie craze changing genre books, readers?
We discuss Hollywood's rush to YA books. What has it done for readers and authors?The Daily Circuit, September 24, 2014
- Adam Meckler Orchestra brings modern twist to local jazz
Meckler, a trumpeter and composer, debuts the recording Friday at MacPhail Center for Music in Minneapolis.The Daily Circuit, September 24, 2014
- Screen Time: Football in film
For this week's Screen Time, Kerri and Stephanie look back at notable football movies.The Daily Circuit, September 24, 2014
- Roaming and Reading: Dylan Thomas' Wales
We travel to Wales with Jeff Towns, known as "The Dylan Thomas Guy."The Daily Circuit, September 23, 2014
- Dan Jurafsky decodes 'The Language of Food'
As a Stanford University professor of linguistics, Jurafsky has also spent a lot of time analyzing menus.The Daily Circuit, September 22, 2014
- Minnesota Orchestra interim CEO on organization's future
Kevin Smith will serve in his new role until a permanent replacement for Michael Henson is found.The Daily Circuit, September 21, 2014
- Nicole Kear's 'Now I See You' recounts journey of going blind
She'd been diagnosed as a young woman with a retinal disease that had no cure and no treatment.The Daily Circuit, September 19, 2014
- The best Minnesota restaurants to visit this fall
Rick Nelson, restaurant critic for the Star Tribune, joins us to talk about where to eat while traveling this season.The Daily Circuit, September 18, 2014
- The most anticipated TV shows for fall 2014
What new and returning shows are you looking forward to?The Daily Circuit, September 17, 2014
Spotlight topics on The Daily Circuit
MPR News Radio