Aspen Ideas Festival: Prognosticator Nate Silver of FiveThirtyEight on sports and politics
Economist and statistician Nate Silver speaks with journalist Katie Couric at the Aspen Ideas Festival. He says political and sports reporters "make too much of the noise" instead of trying to "find out where the truth lies." Silver urges data and fact-based reporting. His FiveThirtyEight blog is moving from the New York Times to ESPN.
- Nate Silver: Statistician, founder and writer of the FiveThirtyEight blog at the New York Times. Sold recently to ESPN.
- Katie Couric: Moderator at Aspen Ideas Festival. ABC-TV host, and former host at CBS and NBC.
More from MPR
- Aspen Ideas Festival: The future of news
August 6, 2013
- Aspen Ideas Festival debate on surveillance: privacy or transparency?
July 16, 2013
- Aspen Ideas Festival: Kickstarter and the economics of creativity
July 11, 2013