IQ2 Debate: America doesn't need a strong dollar policy
Steve Forbes and three other finance experts debate the motion: America doesn't need a strong dollar policy. What is the value of money, and how does the integrity of the US dollar affect inflation, wages, prices, exports and the economy generally?
- FOR: Frederic Mishkin: Professor of banking and financial institutions at Columbia University Business School. Former member, Board of Governors, Federal Reserve.
- FOR: John Taylor: Chairman and founder, investment managing company FX Concepts. Former VP at CitiBank.
- AGAINST: Steve Forbes: Chairman and editor-in-chief, Forbes Media. Two- time Republican presidential candidate.
- AGAINST: James Grant: Editor and founder, Grant's Interest Rate Observer. Originator, Current Yield Column at Barron's.
More from MPR
- IQ2 debate: The FDA's caution is hazardous to our health
May 23, 2013
- Technology Week: IQ2 debate: Should we prohibit genetically engineered babies?
March 18, 2013
- IQ2 debate: Can Israel live with a nuclear Iran?
January 24, 2013
- IQ2 debate: Does Science Refute God?
January 2, 2013
- IQ2 debate: Are elected Islamists better than dictators?
November 19, 2012
- Intelligence Squared debate: 'The GOP must seize the center, or die'
April 26, 2013