Rep. Tim Walz speaks about national security, civil liberties and drones
U.S. Rep. Tim Walz, a Democrat who represents Minnesota's 1st Congressional District, told the audience during a recent speech at the University of Minnesota that if America cares about national security, it needs to maintain moral authority in the world and address the complex issues involved in the use of drones.
- Tim Walz: US Representative (D-Minn.) Elected to represent the 1st district in 2006. Former Mankato West High School teacher and coach. Served 24 years in the US Army National Guard.
More from MPR
- Drone aircraft help Grand Forks police fight crime
May 16, 2013
- NYT reporter Scott Shane and Walter Mondale speak on counter-terrorism, drones, secrecy and power
April 24, 2013
- Congress blocks military's campaign to save money
April 23, 2013
- Minnesota seeks selection as a drone test site
March 27, 2013
- Congressman Tim Walz website
- Center for the Study of Politics and Governance, University of Minnesota Humphrey School