The other 'Minnesota Twins' Harry Blackmun and Warren Burger
St. Paul boyhood friends Harry Blackmun and Warren Burger both served on the US Supreme Court. The legislature is considering installing a bust of Justice Blackmun alongside the existing bust of Justice Burger in the State Capitol. "Courting Harry" is running at the History Theatre in St. Paul. Hear Harry Blackmun in his own words, in a 1993 interview with NPR's Nina Totenberg, and an interview with Linda Greenhouse, author of "Becoming Harry Blackmun."
- Linda Greenhouse: Former New York Times Supreme Court reporter. Author of "Becoming Harry Blackmun."
- Nina Totenberg: NPR legal affairs correspondent.
- Harry Blackmun: US Supreme Court, Associate Justice. Served 24 years on the bench, retiring in 1994. He died in 1999 at the age of 90.
- Justice Harry Blackmun website
- Justice Warren Burger website
- "Courting Harry" at History Theatre information
- about Linda Greenhouse
- Nina Totenberg, The Blackmun Papers