IQ2 debate: Does Science Refute God?
A debate from the Intelligence Squared series on the motion, "Science refutes God." Does modern science debunk many of religion's core beliefs? Are there some questions that can only be answered through a belief in the existence of God? Can science and religion co-exist?
- YES: Lawrence Krauss: Professor of physics, School of Earth and Space Exploration at Arizona State University.
- YES: Michael Shermer: Author and founding publisher of Skeptic magazine.
- NO: Ian Hutchinson: Professor of nuclear science and engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- NO: Dinesh D'Souza: Author of "What's So Great About Christianity?" Former president of The King's College in New York City.
More from MPR
- Civil Conversations Project from 'On Being with Krista Tippett'
September 20, 2012
- The role of compassion in religion today
August 31, 2009